Friday, May 1, 2009

Fun Fan Mail


This week I received a nice surprise in the mail! The kids I read to in Florida sent me a HUGE envelope of thank you cards they'd made. They were all so creative (some were even pop-up). I decided to share a few of my favorites. 



The above one is great...the illustrated scene is a pop-up. It's such a great likeness to the CatKid on the cover of the Three's a Crowd book. And she signed it "your catkid friend".



Introducing: DogKid (notice the German Shepherd ears). I loved this card. I love how CatKid became her favorite series after only 3 chapters :) 



















This is one's a classic for obvious reasons.



























The lightning, the fishing pole...genius.



























Gotta love the S.S.S. Thank You. Another pop-up card, the whole ship stood up. 






















These kind of things are one of the best parts about writing for kids. I love seeing how the books really take off in their imagination. Sometimes as I'm reading to them, it may seem like they're not paying attention, but then there's details in the cards that prove they were paying very close attention.

I've always said that I don't care if my books are bestsellers, just as long as the kids who read them, really enjoy them. That's why the package I got in the mail this week was such a nice surprise. It made my day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment