Thursday, May 21, 2009

Zombie Update


Just a little update on the possible Zombie Blondes movie. I had a great conversation with the producer and screenwriter the other day. We were discussing some plot points that weren't included in the book, but feel like might be needed for the movie.

It's one of those cases of 1st person vs. 3rd person storytelling. For the book, I only needed to know what Hannah knew and only needed to figure out as much as she was going to figure out over the course of the novel. For a movie, the bigger picture needs to come more into focus in order to maintain a narrative stream for the screen.

It was interesting thinking about a world that I last really visited nearly two years ago. It was also interesting discussing possibilities for a world I created with other people. But I truly believe the story is in great hands. In fact, after we spoke, I had a great scene idea to solve one of the issues we were discussing. I emailed it along to them, and it turned out they'd come up with the exact same scene basically at the same time. Great minds think alike.

As for now, I will just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope it keeps progressing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment