Thursday, December 31, 2009

Pirates in Switzerland

As I went walking through the town of Aarau, my surrogate home in Switzerland, the other day, I happened to notice my Pirate School book displayed in the window. It was the newest Die Piratenschule book, a translation of Book #4: Port of Spies. Needless to say, it was pretty exciting to see. There's nothing quite like seeing your book displayed in the window...especially in a foreign country and in a foreign language. 

Inside, the books were on the center table in the children's section. They had several copies of the new title along with a full set of the first three. I suppose this means the books are doing pretty well in the German market. Probably because of all the swearing that was translated into them (see my previous post on the subject). 

I purchased a copy for myself, incognito. I'm happy to report, it came with a Piratenschule bookmark, which pretty much rocks. 



No comments:

Post a Comment