Friday, May 7, 2010

Give Me Those Old Fashion Pages



I know some people who prefer only to read hardcover books and would rather a new copy of a book the one that has seen many years. Not me. I love old paperback books. I love spending hour upon hour in a dusty Used Book Store trolling the shelves for some rare treasure until I'm sneezing and my fingerprints are covered in dirt from running over an endless river of broken spines. There's a charm in those old books that a junk collector such as myself cannot resist.

I love the brittle, yellowing paper.

I love the smell that reminds me of old classrooms in the summer when school is out.

I love the beautiful covers.

I love how the story, after being pressed inside the covers for so long, jumps off the pages.

I will always be a sucker for an old paperback edition of a book. Having recently plowed through a pile of to-be read books that I've had for years in some cases, I'm about to embark on a shopping spree from my ever growing wishlist of books. Needless to say, I will be look mostly for old editions.

No comments:

Post a Comment