Thursday, November 3, 2011

Save Me a Seat at the Mad Hatter's Table Please


I haven't been posting much about my writing process lately. That's not because I haven't been writing...(I have, I swear I have). In fact, I've been writing quite a bit. The new manuscript has passed the 75 page mark and shows no sign of slowing down. What's fascinating for me is the way the book continues to shift away from the vision I had for it over a year ago when I first conceived of it.

With this book, I've followed the same process of letting my characters wander that was so successful for me during the writing of Afterworld. As a result, the cast is shaping up to be one of strange and intriguing individuals. Naturally, their oddness serves a purpose to the greater story and has contributed to a greater number of horror elements working their way into the book. It's as if the story is feeding off their madness, shaping their world into something more suitable to their personalities. In the end, I think this will be a darker book than I envisioned...but a more powerful one.

2 comments:

  1. I always find it fascinating how you write Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always find it fascinating that I always find ways to write period. :)

    ReplyDelete