Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Traveling Mind


I'm currently traveling overseas for the holidays, but I feel my mind has been traveling for weeks. Being tormented by goblins everyday, as my newest main character is, will do that to you.

Traveling is always good and bad for the writing process. While placing yourself in new environs opens the imagination to new paths, being away from the comfort of your workspace makes it difficult to get much accomplished. Writing is very much about routine and habit. Disrupt it and the results are something like trying to cook in someone else's kitchen. Here's to hoping whatever I bake still tastes pretty good.


1 comment:

  1. The problem with traveling while writing is you still feel like you are working. Your workplace just got transferred someplace else but you are still doing the same work. It can be pretty fun though once you have finished your writing and you still have time for enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete