Thursday, February 2, 2012

Trudging Through...


The last third of a manuscript are always the roughest for me. Partially it's fatigue, but it's also the stress of tying themes and plot strands together into a presentable package. For whatever reason, as I enter that last stretch my doubt seeps in. I start to be consumed with the notion that everything written up to that point is a failure. Luckily, like I said, this always happens and so I'm used to it.

I know my doubts are probably only half-earned.
And I know second drafts work miracles.

Still though, it would be nice if for once the ending could be as exciting and enthusiastic as the beginning. But so go the hazards of a creative life. Already my mind has begun to wander to what's next rather than remain focused on the task at hand. But I will get through...I always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment