Thursday, April 12, 2012

High Flying Birds


So next week I take off for my West Coast trip. The Missus and I will be driving up from L.A. to the great north regions. I'm so looking forward to a road trip and seeing new places and old friends. There's nothing quite like a car adventure to get the creative tank refilled. 

The Pacific Coast seems especially potent to my imagination for some reason. After all, Life is But a Dream is set around L.A., inspired by my last trip out there. The Heights is set in San Fran, drawing heavily from my visit there in 2001. Dirty Liar is set in an unnamed place near Portland...but was based on my drives through Washington state a few years before writing it. We'll see what emerges this time around.

While I'm out there, I will be making a few book appearances. So if you around, definitely stop by. I'll also be making a NYC appearance when I get back. The details are listed below.

On April 18th I'll be reading & signing @ Miss Nelson's Toy & Book Shop
1030 Bonita Ave.
LaVerne, CA 91750

*

On April 21st I'll signing books at the L.A. Times Festival of Books
1pm @ Once Upon A Time Bookstore's booth #774

*

On May 1st I'll be making an in-store event @ Third Place Books
17171 Bothell Way NE
Lake Forest Park, WA  98155

 *


On May 19th I'll be back in NYC to sign books @ Books of Wonder from 12pm-2pm
18 West 18th Street
New York, NY 10011
 


No comments:

Post a Comment