Friday, May 18, 2012

Saturday in the City


This weekend I get to fulfill a dream of mine, one that I first imagined some fifteen years ago when I first set foot into Books of Wonder on 18th Street in New York. Back then I was a NYU Literature student, just getting into the magic of children's books and hoping to some day contribute to it. No other store that I had ever been in seemed to capture that magic as well as Books of Wonder. I knew one day I would love to have a book that I wrote sitting on a shelf in that store.

When I was invited to be part of their YA panel this weekend, I couldn't say yes fast enough. Not only are my books in the store, but I will be there to sign copies of them. Needless to say, I'm super excited. So if you're around the New York City area this Saturday, please come by and share the moment with me.

Books of Wonder
18 West 18th Street  
New York, NY 10011
Event from 12:00-2:00pm

2 comments:

  1. loved Dirty Liar. read it four years ago and it was a wonderful escape from the banality of real life. stuck to my heart like glue. totally took me by surprise how strongly honest and emotional it was. i love the fact that you don't bullshit when so many people do. this one totally saved my life you rock! will do my best to be there tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. That was a difficult book to write as I was discussing things I'd never shared with anyone. It's always nice to hear when it affected somebody so much.

    Hope to see you tomorrow.

    Brian

    ReplyDelete