Friday, March 8, 2013

Stepping Into Story


I spent this past week making revisions to my new manuscript. Stepping back into a story can be a tricky thing sometimes, especially one told in two voices. Sometimes though, it isn't hard at all. I was lucky this time. As soon as I dove in, I felt like I'd never left the world I'd put to paper.

I think part of that is due to the fact that the one main character is based more on me than any character I've written in eight years. There are differences between us, but for the most part, the character shares many of my traits and opinions. This wasn't an intentional decision, it just sort of happened as the writing progressed. Sometimes I purposely try to stay away from that, but for whatever reason, it just felt right for this book.

With my work done for now, there's nothing to do but wait for the story to find a home. Sometimes that's the hardest part...

No comments:

Post a Comment