Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Patience in Excess


Over the past few days, I've been going through my posts from the life of this blog to pull out relevant thoughts pertaining to writing for a project I'm working on. And while I found a wealth of intriguing thoughts shared over the years, I also began to feel more than slightly defeated as I came across posts related to manuscripts that have still gone unread. 

Patience is a quality all writers must possess in abundance. The process itself requires near limitless amounts of it just to finish a single story. But the need does not diminish after the manuscript is done. There is still more waiting to be done. And sometimes the waiting feels endless, because sometimes it is. Through it all, one needs an abundance of confidence. When that well runs dry, there is nothing more to wait for.

No comments:

Post a Comment