Saturday, December 14, 2013

The World of Animal Children



Over the past two months, I've started drawing and painting again. I used to do a lot of drawing, but in the last few years I haven't made the time, focusing instead on digital collage and a few basic character sketches. What I forgot in that time was how much the artistic process can inspire my writing process. By working on an art piece, it leads my mind in different directions and invites stories to be born.



I've recently finished a series of half-animal, half-children illustrations titled The World of Animal Children. It's a theme that's always intrigued me. I wrote an entire chapter book series on the premise after all. (Of course, CatKid was included.) Currently I have a renewed conviction that artists must have multiple outlets in order to keep their imagination fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment