Saturday, December 21, 2013

'Tis the Season


With Christmas only a few short days away, I decided it was about time to start doing some holiday shopping. I'm not usually this late on the uptake. Generally I'm pretty good about gift shopping, but things sort of snuck up on me this time around. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that I didn't decorate the house until this past week. And then it suddenly dawned on me that it was far too late to shop online, unless I was willing to pay more for shipping than I did for the items I was getting. 

Today I did the rounds, walking up and down the main street of river town in search of quality merchandise to bring smiles to the faces of those I enjoy. The worst problem I have with Christmas shopping is that I always find tons of things I would like, but never much that I think others would appreciate. I refuse to buy disposable gifts, or gag gifts...the last thing this world needs is more clutter. I try to stick with books as gifts, but then what to do with those people who read infrequently, or even worse, those who read ebooks? 

Basically, what it comes down to is that I could use another week. Maybe that's what I should ask Santa for...and a way to adjust the alarm clock on my cats! These are things which I firmly believe should be within his magical realm.

No comments:

Post a Comment