Sunday, May 31, 2015

Weekend Music Roundup

Another week has passed by without the chance for me to listen to new music. It's been a few weeks now since I've listened to new albums, but hopefully that will change this week as I've come up with a new plan on how I can introduce new sounds into my world. In the meantime, I'm continuing to share my love of music with my daughter, playing at least one vinyl record for her a day as I hold her. Though I've been mixing in tons of stuff, I frequently select an all time favorite of mine to play for her. She seems to love any kind of music, much like me, but prefers albums that I can sing to her. Here's her take on some of my favorites. Enjoy.

The Rolling Stones - Goats Head Soup: After a few days of introducing her to The Beatles, I decided it was time she heard The Stones, and went with this '73 record, one my favorites of theirs. Her favorite song seemed to be "Winter". 

John Lennon - Plastic Ono Band: Like most humans, I love The Beatles, but I also truly love the first Post-Beatles albums of John and George, perhaps as much as any Fab Four album. This is a great one for baby and she loved "I Found Out." 

Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea: It was a special moment to share this record with her, and one that I truly hope she continue to love. There's an innocence to this record that makes it simply perfect. As expected, she loved "Two Headed Boy."

Van Morrison - Astral Weeks: Not only one of my all time favorites, it's also my cats' favorite record, so it was important that she hear it. I played this for her last Sunday, as it is the perfect Sunday morning album. She loved "Beside You." 

Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left: The songwriter's '69 debut is one of those perfect records and she seemed to agree. "Fruit Tree" was her favorite song.


Guns N' Roses - Lies: It was only a matter of time before I introduced her to GN'R and I decided to start with the acoustic side here, then turn it over for some real rock. She loved "One in a Million."

No comments:

Post a Comment