Thursday, October 15, 2015

Time Traveling on a Fall Day


Who says time travel isn't possible? I seem to travel in time frequently. I don't get to stay very long, maybe a second or two, but it happens. This time of year it seems to happen more often than others. The way the sun hits the changing leaves combines with the smell of school in the air and acts as a flux compacitor, filling my thoughts of years gone by. Unlike simple fondly looking back, this is different. Rare moments come back, ones that have long been filed away in the bottom drawer of memory. Names, faces, and places that were once forgotten are suddenly there. Events that I couldn't recall a moment before, magically feel as though they just happened. And though I'm not sure what type of sorcery is at work here, I'm pretty sure that I enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment