Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Dream Pillow


Last week was one of those weeks that just sort of got away from me. It was also the week that I purchased a new pillow for the first time in years. I was a little nervous about it. I often like to stick with a pillow for years on end, but was feeling impulsive. On its first night in use, my new pillow released an epic zombie apocalypse dream that more involved, longer, and more intense than any I've had in long time. It was one of those dreams that I woke up thinking about, and the act of thinking about it caused me to remember other epic dreams that I hadn't recalled before, some dating back years. 

Now a few nights in, I'm happy to say that it has given another very detailed and complicated nightmare. I say happy because I'm of the strange breed who enjoys nightmares. Nightmares are often the most vivid dreams we have and therefore are hard to forget. They don't frighten me, not after I wake anyway. So I'm never left with fear, only awe with how the mind weaves together dream logic into something so real and so surreal at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment