Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Stir Crazy...after all these years


Gene Wilder was a constant figure during my childhood. He starred in so many of the movies that I watched over and over again. There was a period of a few years as a young schoolboy when asked what my favorite movie was, I'd answer...(now I know what you're thinking, I know that you think you know what I'm going to say...but, you're wrong, it wasn't Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory)....Silver Streak. My brother and I watched that movie so many times, along with Stir Crazy, another great pairing with Richard Pryor. 

Of course, I also loved Willy Wonka and Young Frankenstein and The Little Prince and Gene Wilder was always the focus of my attention in all of the movies he was in. He was one of my first favorite actors. Last night, he passed away, but he will always live on in the legendary roles he left behind. One day, I will share his best with my daughter and hopefully she will find the same joy in Gene's performances that I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment