Saturday, October 1, 2016

Everything Changes


The last few days have finally begun to feel like Fall. Perhaps it's simply that the days have been grey and the cool winds have blown down from the mountains, but it's also the smell of Fall that has taken root. I love this time of year, not only for the beauty and the weather, but also the memories.

Over the last week, I've had a flood of long dormant memories come flooding back to me, as they always seem to do around this time of year. It always starts with the back to school days and the memories of starting each new grade. Then it's the afternoon after school memories that come and the faces of long ago friends and long forgotten childhood adventures. 

For me, these feelings are more than simple nostalgia. They often inspire me to write, to dig into the past for inspiration and insight. I will continue to enjoy these days as they lead us into the holidays. I hope you all do as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment