Thursday, July 27, 2017

Dreaming in New Worlds


My dreams have always been affected by primarily two factors, my location and the phase of the moon. This week has tapped into both in a magical way. The full moon was last week, but its impact on my sleeping brain is far reaching. Combined with moving into our new home this past weekend, my dreams have taken an interesting and exciting turn. 

I frequently write about the Interzone setting of my dreams. It's usually a dream-warped version of some familiar location, or mashing of several locations filtered through the imagination. The dreams I've been having in the new house have taken me to places vastly unfamiliar. It feels like a long time since I've traveled into uncharted areas of the Interzone. Like unlocking new areas in a video game, I've been traveling to strange places laced with elaborate plots. If I loved the new house before we moved in, I'm really loving it now. I hope it continues to gift me with these stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment